DIY - POOJA OIL LAMP (AIR DRY CLAY)

I am so happy about the result of the incense stand. It made me to try pooja lamp using the air dry model clay. I used to do pooja using camphor, it leaves black fumes and residue on the floor and walls. Nowadays it's very hard to find pure camphor too. So I planned to make oil lamp with handle.. using clay.

Normally pooja oil lamp has long handle, but it bit hard to make long handle with clay. I felt it will break easily when the handle is long.  I was surfing for many models for making cute and stable one. Finally I got the idea of making swan.( swan neck as handle )                                     


                                  


I thought it will be super easy , initially i made square base and then made diya, apply water to stick the diya with base. then started the tricky one. The Swan neck, neck fell down again and again , It didnt  stay in bend position. Finally got the idea of placing sticks inside the neck. I placed one small piece of match stick in the lower part of neck and another piece in the head part. Somehow neck part turn out nice. After joining neck to the base, I thought of leaving the finish product to dry . But the head part started to drop down. Then i placed match stick piece as stand for neck (lol).





I dried the product for 24 hrs (make sure everything dried completely) . I used acrylic golden color for painting.                                                                                                                                                                     






                                                     


           



Comments