Green gram - 1 Cup
Jaggery - 3/4 Cup
Coconut - 1 Cup
Cardamom - 3
powder - 1/2 Tsp
Rice flour - 3/4 Cup
powder -1/2 Tsp
Salt - a pinch
Oil - For frying
1. Dry roast green gram till it slightly brown.
2. Dry roast shredded coconut till it become brown.
3. Grind roasted green gram with cardamom to coarse powder.
4.Then mix the coarse powder with roasted coconut and dry ginger powder.
5. Melt the jaggery with little water until it reaches little thick consistency
6. Filter the jaggery into the powdered mixture and mix well.
7. Start making balls immediately by greasing hand with ghee and keep it aside
8. Then make batter with rice flour , turmeric and salt, slightly lighter than idli batter.
9. Heat oil in pan, Dip the balls in the batter and fry it in oil.
10. Traditionally three balls are dipped together and fry , hence the name munthiri kothu .
11. we can fry it as single balls.
12. Yummy healthy snack is ready to serve.