Ripe mango - 1
Turmeric Powder - a generous pinch
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 1 cup (whip it well)
For the grinding
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 3/4 tsp
Green chilli - 2
For the seasoning
Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli - 1
Curry leaves - few
- Peel and cut mango into medium size pieces.
- Cook mangoes with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chilli.
- Then add the grounded paste to the cooked mango and boil for a few more seconds. Check for salt.
- Turn off the heat and add curd and mix well.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add fenugreek, red chilli and curry leaves. Pour this seasoning over the pulissery.
- Serve it with rice.
Note -You can use any other oil but using coconut oil gives an authentic taste of Kerala.