- Channa dal - 1 cup
- Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped Onion - 1
- Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves - 2 springs
- Ginger -1 inch piece
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Green Chilli- 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Deep frying
Method of Preparation
- Soak the channa dal for 3 hours. Drain the water.
- Keep a handful of soaked channa dal aside.
- Make a coarse paste of remaining channa dal, curry leaves, ginger, green chilli by adding little water.
- Take coarse paste in a bowl and add corn flour, salt,Fennel seeds, finely chopped onions, finely chopped coriander leaves and handful of soak channa dal which kept aside. Mix everything well.
- Heat oil in pan for frying.
- When the oil is ready,take small portion of the vada mix and roll into a ball and gently flatten the ball.
- Gently slide it into the oil.
- Do not touch it till the bottom side is cooked.
- Once done, flip them over and cook the other side.
- Drain oil in vada in paper towel.
- Now masala vada is ready to serve.
Enjoy with a cup of tea (or coffee).