- 1/2 cup – Aval
- 4 cup – Milk
- 8 nos - Almonds
- 1/4 cup – Sugar
- 2 pinches – Cardamom powder
- 10 nos – Cashew nuts
- 2 tsp – Ghee
- Soak almonds in warm water for 1/2 hour. Remove almond skin and grind it along with 2 tbsp of warm milk to a fine puree.
- Take a hard bottomed vessel, add milk and bring it to boil. Reduce the flame to low and allow milk reduce to 3 cup.
- Meanwhile heat ghee in a pan, roast cashew nuts until they are slightly golden brown in color.
- In the same pan roast aval until it turns into slight golden brown. Remove from the pan and add it to boiling milk.
- Then add enough sugar, cardamom powder, almond puree and bring it to boil. Cook until it reaches consistency of payasam. Switch off the stove and garnish with roasted cashew nuts.